Dodge logo history
In 1901 John Francis Dodge and Horace Elgin Dodge moved their factory Brothers Bicycle & Machine Factory to Detroit (Michigan, USA) from Windsor (Ontario, Canada), which built parts for automobiles. Their bearings and other parts were in demand with the early automobile industry and helped design motor parts for early cars Oldsmobile.
In 1902 the Dodge Brothers joined Henry Ford, who was seeking help to finance his own car company. They helped the start of the Ford Motor Company as well as manufacturing parts for early Ford, achieve mutual benefit both Ford and the Dodge Brothers. Already in 1913, almost all Ford parts (chassis, suspension, brakes, engines, transmissions, etc..) Were built by Dodge.
In 1914 the Dodge Brothers started their own auto company, which they named Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company, choosing 50 dealers initially for hundreds of applications, some of which continue today. In its first year, Dodge introduced the "Old Betsy", a car built to be reliable and long lasting. That year Dodge built a total of 249 new cars. In 1917 the Dodge Brothers began building truck engines also in principle to use the United States Army during the First World War and the end of the war-commercial use.
In 1925, the Dodge Brothers Company was purchased by Dillon, Read & Company for about 148 million U.S. dollars, which is said was the largest cash transaction in history up to that time. Dillon Read in turn sold to the Company Dodge Chrysler 31 July 1928.
Click here for more information on the DoDge Car History, Design and Meaning of Car Logos The logos are registered trademarks. Use of the logo here does not imply endorsement of the organization by this site.
Dodge logo wallpaper,Dodge Car history
By Carlogos Apr 25, 2015 View