Holden logo history
In 1852, James Alexander Holden emigrated to South Australia from England in 1856 and established J. A. Holden & Co. in harness business in Adelaide. The son of James, Edward Holden joined the company in 1905 with particular interest in automobiles. From there the company evolved through various partnerships and in 1908, Holden and Frost changed the business of repairing car upholstery. The company began producing motorcycle sidecar bodies in 1913 and Edward experiment with installing different types of wagons. After 1917, restrictions to trade war forced the company to begin production of vehicle bodies.
James Alexander Holden established a new company in 1919, Holden's Motor Body Builders Ldta. specializes in auto bodies. In 1923, Holden was able to produce 12,000 units a year. During this time Holden was the first company to assemble Ford cars in Australia. Since 1924, Holden became the exclusive supplier of bodies for General Motors in Australia. These bodies are adapted to chassis imported from manufacturers such as Chevrolet and Dodge. The Great Depression led to a substantial drop in production from 34,000 units annually in 1930 to only 1651 units a year later. In 1931, General Motors acquired the company, forming General Motors - Holden Ldta.
Click here for more information on the Holden History, Design and Meaning of Car Logos The logos are registered trademarks. Use of the logo here does not imply endorsement of the organization by this site.
Holden logo history and Holden logo images
By Carlogos Aug 24, 2009 View