MG Cars logo history
The date of creation of the brand is debatable. The company decided that it would be in 1924 although the first cars sported both Morris and MG badges and a reference to MG with the octagon logo appears in an Oxford newspaper from November 1923. Others dispute this and believe that MG began trading in 1925.
The first cars were Morris models using coachwork changed from Carbodies Coventry were assembled in a workshop of Alfred Lane, but demand soon caused in September 1925, a move to larger premises on the Bainton Road, a studio shared with the Morris radiator works. Continuing expansion of the company meant another move in 1927 to a separate factory in Edmund Road in Cowley on the outskirts of Oxford, near the main Morris factory and for the first time it has been possible to install a production line. In 1928 the company had grown large enough to justify the creation of a separate company of Morris Garages in the beginning. MG Car Company Limited has been established in March this year and in October for the first time a stand was praised during the Motor Show in London (London Motor Show). Once the site has failed and quickly finding a permanent home led in 1929 to lease a portion of an old leather factory in Abingdon, then the as'étendre As to the stop production in 1980.
The company was originally owned by William Morris, was sold to Morris Motors (part of the Nuffield Organization) in 1935. This change in ownership had significant consequences for the company, particularly its motor-sport. In 1952, MG was bought by the British Motor Corporation Group and later in 1968 by British Leyland. With BMC, several MG models were nothing more than vehicles from other brands badge-engineered, with the notable exception of small sports cars.
Among several measures of economy, the Abingdon factory was shut down as part of drastic plan to restructure the group BL after the financial difficulties of the 1970s. Although a large number of factories were closed, no closure is not created such an uproar among workers, dealers, clubs and consumers, as this one. Years later, Sir Michael Edwardes expressed regret about his decision then. The following models built by MG Rover Group were often badge-engineered models of Austin, and was built in the factory at Longbridge. Since 2003, the former site of Abingdon is occupied by McDonalds and the Thames Valley Police, is only the administrative building. The local MG Car Club is located next door.
After the group had become Austin Rover Group Rover, MG passed to British Aerospace and BMW. BMW subsequently sold to MG MG Rover Group based in Longbridge. The practice of selling a unique and roadster models later renamed (Rover) continued. The bankruptcy group has been passed in 2005. Production was arrested April 7, 2005. Since 2006, China MG remarket all former Rover models, in figures 5, 6 and 7. Thus, the Rover Streetwise 75.25 and are recommercialisées. The 45, however, was abandoned for being too old, over the base was that of the Honda Civic impossible to produce without agreements Honda, deemed too expensive for a brand in full reconstruction.
Click here for more information on the MG Cars History, Design and Meaning of Car Logos The logos are registered trademarks. Use of the logo here does not imply endorsement of the organization by this site.
MG Cars logo history,MG Cars logo images
By Carlogos Aug 27, 2009 View