Talbot car logos and Talbot car history
Talbot was originally the British brand to sell used cars imported French Clément-Bayard. Founded in 1903, this business venture was financial by the Earl of Shrewsbury and Talbot, who lent his name to the firm. Beginning in 1905, the company put Clément-Talbot brand their cars and began assembling imported parts made by French in the new factory in North Kensington (London) sold under the name Talbot. These vehicles since 1906, were followed locally designed car in 1910 were between 50 and 60 cars a month. A Talbot was the first car to cover 100 miles (160 kilometers) an hour in 1913.
During the First World War, the firm manufactures ambulances. French and British operations continued in separate and parallel processes of production and marketing until 1919, when the company Darracq (British owned and based in Paris) purchased the company, The Talbots manufactured by Darracq sold as Talbot-Darracq. The following year, Darracq was reorganized as part of the corporate group Sunbeam-Talbot-Darracq (STD).
In 1916, the Swiss Georges Roesch became chief engineer, and in the first half of the 1920s, Talbot manufactured a large number of models sold well, as the 14/45 hp, or Talbot 105, which began to be manufactured in 1926. In the 1930s, designed by the Roesch Talbots enjoyed success in careers in Fox & Nicholl Team, with drivers such as Brian Lewis, Johnny Hindmarsh, and John Cobb (best known for his attempts to establish maximum speed records on land ). They also had success in test "Alpine Trial.